The blog has been much neglected in the events of the past week... Apparently, the taper is contagious: when my running slowed town, so did my posting!
Last long training run was last Saturday, a "little" 12-miler, which somehow felt exponentially better than the 15-miler the week before. (There was a lesson in there about overtraining, i.e. don't do 8 miles of speedwork the day before a long run. Legs o' lead at mile 10.)
Yesterday (Thursday) was travel day, the Day of Multiple Transportation Modalities:
• Walk 6 blocks to the bus stop in front of Aldrich's Grocery;
• Bus #7 to Poulsbo, transferring to the #90 Kitsap bus to Bainbridge;
• Ferry to Seattle;
• Walk to the Bus Tunnel;
• LIGHT RAIL almost to the airport, and a bus shuttle to the airport itself.
And then, sadly, the two environmentally unfriendly options: the plane to O'Hare and the shuttle van to this week's new digs.
So here we are, happily ensconced, looking forward to a day of picking up my bib number and packet at the giant expo, perhaps getting my bib signed by Deena Kastor, and then lazing about inhaling carbohydrates.
Oh, and in knitting news, here's what made it on the trip:
• One Unpattern Toe-Up Sock in Casdcade Heritage yarn;
• One Unpattern Top-Down Hat in Frog Tree Alpacas fingering-weight alpaca;
• and One Unpattern Sleeveless Pullover from the bottom up in Sublime Soya Cotton (which I am loving much more than I expected to.)
Just a wee bit nervous that that's not enough knitting for one week.
But I hear there are yarn stores. (Recommendations, anyone?)