You know, the whole 40 thing is not such a big deal-
life is just as sweet this week as it was last.
But some things just creep up on a gal,
and when they do?
You know you're in midlife when...
- mutual funds are interesting.
- you know what a mutual fund is.
- your child/stepchild and your parents are both sprightly and independent (lucky one, that!)
- you've used the word 'amortization' with a straight face.
- you keep up with mortgage rates - just in case you might want to re-fi.
- you heart thrills when someone calls you 'Miss...'
- your friends' children start to knit.
- you seriously consider taking glucosamine - you know, for those joints that ache. Sometimes.
- 'Massage' (or 'Therapy') is a line item in your monthly budget.
- you're on your third car as a grown-up.
And oh, there are so many more...
Feel free to chime in in the comments.
[And yes, I know how spectacularly lucky I am with the whole parent/stepchild thing. Trust me. They're fabulous, and doing fine.]